Thursday, September 2, 2010

Game Design Homework 2 (aka: Does it Blend?)

(see assignment here: http://fsugd.blogspot.com/2010/08/homework-2-blend.html)

So for this task, we're basically familiarizing ourselves with the basic object-constructing functions of Blender.  I'm playing with version 2.49b here, and I make myself a neat little space ship like such:


After I finished recording that, I played around and made the ship more symmetrical, smooth out the back a bit, and redid the texture.  I also generated a nice, bumpy little world with colorful pools of... I dunno, magic voodoo juice?  I stuck a random star map behind it, added a bit of lighting, imported my ship, and... ta-da!  Here's my final result:

Neat-o, huh?

I had a lot of fun with this assignment, actually... I spend a few hours over the past couple of days just playing around with shapes and getting more-or-less accustomed to the controls. I still don't know how to do anything of much use with texturing, but perhaps a time will come for that one.

I'm looking forward to the next assignment, because now we're getting into actually moving things!  Hoo-ray!

No comments:

Post a Comment